THE GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE
The Grievance Redressal Committee shall consider only individual grievances of specific nature of staff and students of the Centre raised individually by the concerned aggrieved employee/ student of the Centre. The Grievance Redressal Committee shall not consider any grievance of general applicability or of collective nature of raised collectively by more than one employee/ student. After receiving any application, the Committee will decide on the merit of case regarding scope of further discussion.
PROCEDURE, PERIODICITY AND ATTENDANCE AT MEETINGS:
The Grievance Committee will meet as and when required. However, if necessary, it may meet more frequently at the instance of the Chairman or at the request of the other members to discuss the various issues received.
At least three members of the Grievance Committee shall be present in a meeting.
If a member of the Grievance Committee is connected with the grievance of the aggrieved individual, the concerned member of the Grievance Committee shall not participate in the deliberations regarding that individual's case.
If the aggrieved person happens to be a member of the Grievance Committee, then he/she shall not participate in the deliberations as a member of the Committee when his/her representation is being considered.
A Centralized Confidential Students Grievance Redressal Committee has been reconstituted to redress the grievances and complaints of the students.
OBJECTIVES OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL COMMITTEE:
• To uphold the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promotion of cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc
• To provide responsive, accountable and easily accessible machinery for settlement of grievances and to take measures in the college undertakings to ensure expeditious settlement of grievances of Students in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
• It is to deal with the complex situations in a tactful manner to lessen the condition felt to be oppressive or dissatisfied.
• Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
• Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
• Advising all the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration.
• Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
• To support, those students who have been deprived of the services offered by the College, for which he/she is entitled.
• To make officials of the College responsive, accountable and courteous in dealing with the students.
• To ensure effective solution to the student’s grievances with an impartial and fair approach.