Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. Degree & P.G College (A), Visakhapatnam
Established in 1968, Dr. V. S. Krishna Government Degree College, (then non-Autonomous) established in 1968, was inaugurated by His Excellency Sri. Khandubhai K. Desai, Governor of Andhra Pradesh on 12th December 1968. The College was shifted from the University Campus to Visakha valley area which is 3 KMs away from the present premises in 1969. Owing to keen interest showed by District Collectors Sri C. Arjuna Rao IAS, and Sri K. V. Rao, IAS who helped in acquiring land, the college was shifted totally to its own and permanent premises in Maddilapalem in 1980-81.
Named after the eminent educationist, former Vice-chancellor of Andhra University and former Chairman of the UGC,Dr.Vasireddy Sri Krishna, the College grew into a Nodal Institution and a District Resource Centre for Visakhapatnam District. The ambit of the college is widened with the introduction of PG Courses in 2003. The college was specially recognized by Andhra University as a Research Centre in 2011.The College is located in Maddilapalem, Visakhapatnam in a campus spread over an area of Acs.6.75. Affiliated to Andhra University, it is a Co-educational Institution offering both Under-Graduate and Post-Graduate Courses with a total students strength of 1929 consisting of 1019 boys and 910 girl students.
The College was re-accredited with B Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2011 for its consistent performance in providing quality education and producing best results over the last four decades.The College was recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12(b) in 1980. It is offering 5 Post Graduate courses (M.Sc. Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology and English) and 14 Under-Graduate Programmes in both media. The College has 51 Regular Faculty Members and 8 lecturers on Contract basis and a few as Guest Faculty. There are 12 Non Teaching staff headed by the Administrative Officer. Out of 41 Regular faculty, 31 have Ph.D. degrees and 11 members hold M.Phil. Degrees 6 Members of Staff received the “Best Teacher Awards” from the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
FOUNDERS OF THE COLLEGE
1) Sri Abid Hussain, District Collector
4) Dr.S.Gopala Sastry, Freedom Fighter & Social Worker
2) Sri C.Arjuna Rao, District Collector
3) Sri Varahalu Chetty, Proprietor Book Centre
Vision & Mission
To impart quality education integrated with human values for better employment and better citizenship.....