A Consumer Club was started in the year 2005 in our college by the Commerce Department to promote awareness among the students, staff as well as public on the consumer movement and consumer rights and laws. Consumer awareness programmes are conducted in the Institution yearly twice on National Consumers Day, 24th December and World Consumers Day, 15th March.
Haritha Krishna Nature Club
The Haritha Krishna Nature Club which was established in 1995 – 1996 with a view to create awareness among all the students on environmental issues and also to involve them in plantation programmes, clean and green activity and beautification of the college campus. The important objectives of our Nature Club are as follows:
- To create awareness on environmental issues and strategies for conservation of flora and fauna.
- To promote Eco friendly lifestyle among the present generation of students.
- To observe important environmental days like World Environment Day (5th June), World Wet Lands Day (2nd February) and World Ozone Day (16th September) and Green Consumers Day (28th September).
- The institution is having four BotanicalParks and one BiotechPark maintained by Nature Club.
- Lectures and film shows on environmental issues are being organized every year on 5th June, World Environment Day.
Red Ribbon Club
The Red Ribbon Club was formed during the year 2005 – 2006 to promote awareness on the growing menace of AIDS. The activities of the Club include
- Voluntary Blood Donation
- Information and understanding of HIV and AIDS
- Life skills advocated by WHO
The members of the club, students drawn from B.A, B.Com and B.Sc. streams work together as teams in spreading awareness on AIDS in the slums and villages. World AIDS Day is celebrated on 1st December every year with rallies, photo exhibitions and lectures on AIDS. Competitions are conducted for students of different colleges in essay writing and elocution.
Youth Red Cross
Youth Red Cross was started during 2009 -2010 in coordination with the District Youth Red Cross Society under the Chairmanship of the District Collector. Student volunteer who join this club are given training in First Aid, the importance of good health and the importance of voluntary blood donation.
Srujana Film Club:
The students of the college formed into a film club named as Srujana Film Club. Dr.V.Kannam Naidu, Lecturer in Telugu has been coordinating the activities of the film club. The club has been screening message oriented films for students on every 3rd Saturday.